Cole is the light of our lives, and cell phones. An assortment of updates and photos for our loved ones near and far.
Friday, April 24, 2015
6 Months!
We're 24 weeks in! Baby boy is getting larger and I can feel him moving in two places at once now. I joke he must be swimming the 800 meter butterfly. Mom calls him Tigger ;) My hips are taking the brunt of the discomfort, but I have gotten light headed twice in the last week. I was tested for anemia and gestational diabetes at my last check up, but all is well. I generally feel great and as if I could do this part of pregnancy forever. I'm filled with wonderful possibility and not yet burdened by the dual reality of what disastrous things could happen.
Anna and I toured the hospital on Tuesday and were pleasantly surprised by how state of the art it was. We invited our birth class fellows along, and our little group was definitely the annoying note taking, question askers of the bunch. This assured me that our birth class is raising some great questions and things to think about regarding our hopes for care and what the hospital can offer.
We also have the crib! Thanks to Mary for gifting us such a beautiful nursery item. Anna put it together over the weekend and now it's just waiting for me to move my things out of the nursery. We haven't decided if we plan to keep the baby with us at first, or use the crib from the beginning as baby's room is adjacent our own. Once he sees his crib he may insist on it!
Finally, Spring has sprung in Western Massachusetts. We had brunch on the patio of one of our favorite local places, Alvah Stone at The Book Mill. We picked up a few children's stories and logged some time in the sun. This is the season that causes amnesia, and reminds people why they live here at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment