Friday, April 17, 2015

23 Weeks



Hi all, it's Anna Banana, stepping in this week to give you the scoop on the sprout. First, can we talk about how adorable my wife is? I knew she was going to be cute pregnant, but this is ridiculous.

This week, the sprout is the length of a green onion, or a large mango, if we're talking width. He's kicking up a storm, and Heather has even seen the kicks. I haven't caught that yet, but I do manage to feel him kick every now and then. I had to check in with Heather the other day, because I always hear pregnant women talk about how annoying it is to have people constantly touching their belly, but Heather assured me that doesn't apply to the other parent :) 

While both of us are still really busy with work, the semester is quickly winding down, and we're already planning for all the things we have to do to get ready for the baby. We made an awesome/terrifying master list of what we need to do and have even managed to knock a few things off it, including scheduling a hospital tour and investigating how to make a will. Having a baby really does make you do all those things you never got around to doing or have been putting off. Like, we finally opened a joint checking account, ha! See, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes getting knocked up, and then comes joint checking. I think we probably did that in the wrong order. Oh well. The nesting instinct is already kicking in big time for me. It's all I can do to stay focused on my work commitments and not play house. I've started working on sprucing up the yard in between stints of work, and I'm chomping at the bit to start reorganizing and doing some major Spring cleaning. Can't wait until I'm not as busy!

What else? Oh, yes, we went to our second pregnancy class last weekend with our super chipper (ahem) teacher. I know so many things about my pelvic floor now. Seriously, by the end of the summer, my aim is to ensure that my pelvic floor can kick your pelvic floor's ass.    

We've also logged some hours working on the registry which is super fun. We're both a bit hardcore when it comes to research, so we've gone down the rabbit hole of baby gear reviews. I'm discovering that babyland is very political, surprise surprise. People have feelings, like big time, about what one should and should not get their baby or let their baby use. I think I'll die of shock if one of these mommy bloggers ever says "I have no opinion on that." Anyway, thanks to awesome, generous people in our life, we're already building a tiny stockpile of things. My favorite things is this ridiculously cute bib my mom got us:

         
S'mores! I love s'mores and this is a kid who will also love S'mores. One of Heather's coworkers also hooked us up with a pile of her son's baby clothes:


So generous. And, last but not least, also from Grandma Cray Cray, the crib:


We're so excited to open it up and see what it looks like all put together. Thanks Mom!

That's about it! Maybe next week I'll post a picture of my stomach. 

XO  


No comments:

Post a Comment