Cole is two months old! He has gone from helpless infant to active baby. My arms are so sore from holding our big boy. The best thing is his smile! He has an expressive face, and makes wonderful coos and expressions with Anna in particular. I've tried to capture some of them on video but he's totally onto us and is at his best when the phones are not around.
Cole sleeps about three hours at a stretch at night, and we're beginning to talk about creating some consistent nap times during the day. He loves to cuddle and be held during naps (my fault, I love it too) and will sleep for 1-2 hours in the afternoon, with cat naps throughout the day. He loves his soft blankys like his mom. Now that he's in the second month we're looking to create a routine that works for the family and will allow the moms to do something other than watch his sweet face during the day.
Cole is so strong! He holds his head up most of the time now, and is getting more comfortable being held at our shoulder. When put on his side, he'll roll onto his back unassisted and is working at tummy time daily. He loves his activity mat (thank you Kleins and fam!) and plays on it unassisted with great enthusiasm.
He has pretty bad reflux and has continued to struggle to coordinate his bowels, poor guy. We continue to supplement breast milk with formula and though my supply has increased, I don't think we'll ever get to forgo the formula entirely. Nevertheless, Cole has plumped up a bit and I just love his cute little baby thighs!
We've taken a few steps into the world with Cole, and he has been so well-behaved each time. He is ambivalent about the car seat and we're never sure whether he'll go along with it or freak out. We've noticed that he's generally easy going, but when something isn't to his liking he'll warn us but it we don't act fast enough he'll go from 0-60 in a second! It'll be interesting to see how that manifests when he's older and less dependent.
The biggest shift is that I start back at work on Monday. I both feel so grateful for the time we've had together as a family and can't believe its over. We took Cole to meet my coworkers last week and I was reminded how wonderful my job and workmates are. If I have to leave Cole, this is a pretty great way to do it.
This means Anna is about to become Club Mama! I am also grateful that Anna will be at home with Cole this year and that we won't have to talk about daycare until summertime. I think she's a little nervous about this shift but I know she'll do great, just like she does with everything she takes on.
It really does go so fast. I just try to soak up every moment with my baby and remain mindful of how very blessed we are.






No comments:
Post a Comment