Tuesday, November 3, 2015

3 Months old!



Is Cole three months old already?  He's such a big boy!  At his most recent appointment, Cole was 24.75 in and weighed 12.8 lbs.  This put him in the 91%ile for height and 40%ile for weight.  This is up from measuring in the 30th percentile at his appointment only a month prior!  He also received his two month vaccinations.  Very upsetting for everyone though he recovered like a champ.

Cole now feels substantial to hold.  His legs hang past my lap when I cradle him, and he has to bend at the knee if being burped at the shoulder while mama is seated.  He's not a fan of tummy time but he's doing very well and can maintain head control for quite a while.


Cole has become much more interactive with us this month.  He is full of social smiles and is coo'ing up a storm.  He can play at his play mat very actively now, and is learning about his hands and feet.



Tilly continues to be the best girl ever and is becoming more social with us and coming back for loves and pets.  For a while after Cole was born she retreated a bit, but she seems more comfortable sharing space with the baby now.



We've now had a month to acclimate to my being back at work and it feels as though we're developing a bit of a routine.  Anna has brought Cole by the office each Monday, and it's such a pleasure to see them during the week.  My coworkers also love Cole and so far have welcomed their visits with pleasure.  I'm also pumping at work which is actually easier than doing it at home.  I book out time for this, and everyone has been very supportive.

Speaking of pumping - it's the worst.  I almost quit last week, and every day I wonder if it's the last day.  But Anna and I made a pro/con list, and I was surprised to see how long the "keep pumping" list was  when compared to the "quit" list.  It did cause me to recommit to pumping at least until the new year.  Then we'll see.  Cole will be 6 months in February, so that's the ultimate goal.

Most exciting this month was the return of Nana!  Mom came for a visit and she and Cole have become instant best friends forever.  They read together, do mat time together, and she's willing to walk him around endlessly.  The only person more excited to see Nana than me was probably Tilly - her walking buddy has returned!


Nana stayed with Cole on Halloween so that Anna and I could go on our first date since the baby was born.  We went to Coco (where we were married) and had a fantastic time.  So needed, and we are so grateful.  Earlier in the day Cole had fun watching Nana and Anna carve pumpkins and we even got a family photo!



We've been experiencing a beautiful fall and have enjoyed several family walks.  We're going to be so sad when Nana goes home!


Anna and I both seem to be settling into parenthood.  Our confidence has grown and, at least for me, seeing visible signs of Cole's robust well-being and weight gain have been a huge relief.  Despite my general neurosis I still was surprised by the worry I brought to this task and my fear that I wouldn't be enough for this little boy.  Luckily, Cole is such a good match for us and us for him.  I am overwhelmed every day with gratitude for my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment