Wednesday, May 6, 2015

26 Weeks



Last week of second trimester!  I'm showing more, and am starting to get comments from co-workers and clients.  Baby's kicks have gotten very strong, and I anticipate the last few months are going to include some internal bruising.  In the meantime I've really enjoyed watching his acrobatics - I imagine he has a good sense of humor because he makes me laugh already!

The other couple in our childbirth class recently learned that the placenta is too close to her cervix, and so they will be having a scheduled c-section.  This was a major wake up call for me to stay open to anything that may come up in my own pregnancy.  At the start of this class I was totally open, but getting the information has given me all kinds of opinions on things I may not ultimately have a say about.  Nevertheless, the camaraderie this class has provided has been invaluable.  Having other pregnant couples to share stories and milestones with has enriched my own pregnancy experience in ways I hadn't anticipated.

Anna has begun majorly nesting!  I returned home from work yesterday to find that she had cleaned out Bed Bath & Beyond of organizational gear and had taken our kitchen to task.  Spices are organized!  Pots and pans have allotted spaces!  Tupperware wrangled!  So awesome.   Today we're working on clearing the baby's room of all of my things, and it seems that despite an epic number of moves I've still retained unneeded bags of things.  Ugh.  I hate the process, but it's going to feel so good to have it done.

Last, the mom's plane tickets have been purchased!  Anna and I are so lucky to have moms who will be able to be with us for the birth.  I do have a bit of feminist hippy in me, and there is something so special about bringing women together to welcome this baby into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment