I'm going home on Saturday!! I cannot wait to kiss everyone and see everyone and play with the kids.
Last Sunday we went to a wedding at a local farm. So beautiful! Between the cousin visit and the wedding, there has been a serious uptick in fun around here, just in time. I feel so lucky that we're starting to have a sense of community here. It's taken a while because we have always been on the verge of moving, which has really impacted my ability to make friends and get invested. In any case the bride wore a new-age Korean gown that she had special made by a woman in Los Angeles that was just spectacular. It had all these layers of fabric that she removed over the course of the evening and it felt as though it were many gowns in one.
We also got together with the other female couple from our birth class last night. The carrying partner had learned several weeks ago that she'd likely have to have a c-section due to placental location, but discovered after a follow up ultrasound that her whole uterus had moved such that the placenta was now far enough away from the cervix! I didn't even know that could happen?? In any case the couple is thrilled. They passed along some pediatrician recommendations, and in general have been a great resource for us.
Today marks my last monthly doctors appt. After this we move to every two weeks. How amazing! The doctor indicated that I am measuring a week behind, but was unconcerned about it. She said that if I don't catch up in the next four weeks they would do a follow up ultrasound but that baby is super active and that that is a better indication of how he's doing. While she listened to his heart rate he kept kicking her and that made us both laugh.
I continue to feel strong and comfortable for the most part. A couple nights ago Anna and I observed the baby having hiccups for the first time which was pretty special. This was after a full day of hormone-induced crankiness that was both inexplicable and totally miserable. I hate being cranky for no reason! There are so many reasons to be cranky and none fit! I tried to explain to baby that there are no "bad" feelings or "good" feelings, just what we do with them. Then I ate a donut and took a nap.
Finally, a few pictures of the nursery in progress. Now we just have to begin "layering" as my design blogs say with fabric and pictures and do-dads. The paint reads blue-grey, rather than the green-grey they look in my bad cell-photos.


No comments:
Post a Comment