Due date is two months from today, June 10th!
I just dropped Anna off at the airport for her conference in Atlanta. Hopefully this is the last time we'll be separated for a long time. I miss her already! Nevertheless, I had a wonderful trip to Sacramento and spent time with nearly all my loved ones. I've never felt more supported or celebrated, and am reminded yet again how lucky I am. Unfortunately I took very few pictures.
The only photo I took at the baby shower. I had such good intentions! But I was also having a blast and promptly forgot about my camera. Fortunately Victoria Ruderman took photos and with any luck we should have some gorgeous shots soon. Rebecca out did herself with a simply beautiful party with every detail thought about and attended to.
The next morning I had the pleasure of watching James graduate from preschool. I can't take pictures for beans, but it sure was adorable!
I got to spend quality time with Nana, Mama, and both nephews playing at the pool, practicing piano, and having sleepovers at Nana's house. On Friday I also got to see my nieces and did not take a single photo! Argh! The little girls were so cute, and Layla in particular was curious about my tummy and the baby. It was so cute how she wanted to feel the baby. Unfortunately, baby was taking a nap and didn't kick once!
On my final day in town mom and I had brunch and went to the Crocker Art Museum. It was so much fun! I am still surprised by what a cosmopolitan place Sacramento has become and wanted to see and do everything. Maybe next time!
It was such a wonderful trip, and I cried all the way home. I can't wait to bring our son to meet everyone!
Any nerves I had about flying were largely unnecessary. It was a breeze, minus the ongoing foot swelling. In the last few days I've begun to feel a little breathless and am more low energy than I have been. Baby boy's hiccups continue to charm, and he continues to be an active little guy. The reality that he's coming in just a short time is starting to sink in, and I'm both excited and nervous. I've been blessed with a healthy and relatively painless pregnancy so it feels safe and comfortable like this. Once our son arrives, who knows what will happen?! One thing I do know, is that he is already loved by his mama's, and their mama's, and all this extended family. He's a very lucky little boy.







No comments:
Post a Comment