Cole is the light of our lives, and cell phones. An assortment of updates and photos for our loved ones near and far.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
33 Weeks
I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and my blood pressure is normal and baby's heart rate is 145bpm. All good! We will be having an ultrasound on Monday to learn how big he is and make sure he is getting all the nutrients he needs because I am back to measuring about a week behind. Dr. explained that little people tend to have smaller babies and that his level of activity (constant) and heart rate suggest all is well. I feel like all is well, and am looking forward to seeing how he's grown since 18 weeks!
My own weight gain has been picking up speed, and I've gained about 25lbs since the first doctor's appt. I'm totally at peace with whatever happens that way, but I've definitely become more physically uncomfortable in the last few weeks. I'm clumsy, bump into things, drop things, and misjudge my ability to reach for things or navigate spaces. I'm also swelling around my feet, ankles, and face. I'm still sleeping, thank goodness, but I have to wake up to turn over, and roll out of bed rather than sit up. The cute pregnancy phase is so over.
It's hard to believe we'll get to meet our baby in 7 weeks! I read online that at this point we should make sure we're ready to bring baby home at any time. So to prepare, we set up the car seat base in my car and bought some basic supplies like diapers, baby wipes, and bottles, just in case. We also connected with the pediatric practice that we plan to use and I registered for a breast pump through our insurance. While baby is not allowed to come before week 39, it feels good to be prepared!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment