Cole is the light of our lives, and cell phones. An assortment of updates and photos for our loved ones near and far.
Friday, July 3, 2015
34 Weeks
We had the sizing ultrasound on Monday, which indicated baby weighs approximately 4 lbs 9 oz. His heart rate was 154bpm, and he's currently breech. I also asked to have my blood pressure checked, and it was elevated, so I returned the next day to have it checked again. It had returned to normal and the doctor attributed the spike to having been laying down for the ultrasound. His weight puts him in the 37%ile and I worried about that, but the doctor assured me that this is totally fine and no reason for concern.
I did some research to see if there is any way I can encourage baby to get into the head down position, though his current status has probably saved me many of the third trimester discomforts like peeing all night and heart burn. I went into acupuncture this week and also began moxabustion (which is essentially waving incense at your toes.) I've also started doing inversions several times daily. Anna has been playing music for baby and using a flashlight because we read that at this stage babies will follow the light. If he doesn't move on his own in the next couple of weeks, we'll have another ultrasound to confirm, then the doctor will try to move him manually in week 37. If he remains breech even after the "version" or manual adjustment, then we'll have a scheduled c-section during week 39.
I unfortunately have been pretty emotional for the last few weeks, so am not being as low key about this as I should be. My intellectual self is fine with either outcome so long as baby is healthy, but I'm internally preoccupied about his not being in position. He so far seems unimpressed by all these acrobatics and continues to enjoy having his head in my rib cage.
Despite all the flying emotions, I continue to love being pregnant and having him inside of me. He's very active and I have a running dialogue with him throughout the day about what he's thinking and doing. Recently those conversations have been focused on the benefits of being a "team player".
In other news, Anna had a biopsy last week to confirm that she does not have cancer cells in her breast and came through with flying colors! The doctor was always clear that this was done out of an abundance of caution rather than concern because she has a family history. She'll go for a follow up mammogram in 6 months just to double triple confirm.
It's hard to believe that our baby will be will us in like 5 or 6 weeks!
Anna's mom has been working up a storm to make the nursery beautiful. Yesterday we received a box from her containing an absolutely stunning quilt that she has labored over for quite some time. I can't believe how gorgeous it is! She's also sent along some other lovely additions like a sweet mobile and other carefully chosen touches that have really transformed the room. Baby is a very lucky little man to have such loving people in his life already. When we have all the gee-gaw set up I'll take more photos of the nursery to share.
No but really, 5 or 6 weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment