Wednesday, July 15, 2015

36 Weeks



This, gals, is the face of euphoria.  BABY IS HEAD DOWN!!!  Apparently Jewish mother nagging and worrying is very effective even from the womb.  I hadn't been hopeful because I felt kicks in my left hipbone and a large lump in my right rib, so I took that to mean baby was oblique.  Turns out his sweet little face and feet are touching and he's kicking himself in the face regularly!

Behold!  Baby Wardbert:



He's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.  This is the first 3-D image we've had of the little guy and I had no idea what a difference that would make.  He's like, a fully formed person.  Incredible.  The doctor also did our first cervix check, and I was soft enough for her to feel his head and order the ultrasound.  I'm not sure what that translates to, but I'm taking it all as good news!  My blood pressure was normal, as was baby's heart rate.  I'm still measuring behind, but the ultrasound tech reported good fluid and felt that everything looks good.  I agree :)

I've had more soreness in my pelvis this week, and foot swelling, and hot flashes.  A few Braxton Hicks contractions, though nothing significant.  So far I'm sleeping through the night, though I wake up by 5 or 6am.  I continue to put on like 2 lbs a week, but so long as baby is getting some of that I'm fine with it.  Belly button is hanging on for dear life but is flat most of the time.

With just about four weeks to go, we're mostly ready.  We wrote up a long to-do list some time back, and nearly everything is scratched out!  Surprisingly, finishing the nursery is among the last of it.  We've held off hanging things on the walls until we're sure of the furniture arrangement, and as the glider has not arrived that doesn't feel settled.  Mostly though, we're ready.  But!  As I've said from the beginning - he can come anytime after August 1st but not a day before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment