Baby watch is on! Even last week I hadn't begun to track symptoms and self-monitor for labor, but 38 weeks means baby could come at any time. I follow an internet board for women due in August, and babies are being born left and right. For myself, I haven't really noticed any symptoms. All feels well and healthy, and baby seems quite comfortable where he is. I feel his movements more acutely these days which can be uncomfortable, and we can see his little body clearly outlined through my stomach, which is a trip.
At the doc appt we found out I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, which doesn't mean much except that things are happening! I also feel as though baby has dropped, and the waddle is pretty intense. I've begun taking Red Raspberry leaf extract, which is supposed to increase blood flow to the uterus, and have continued weekly acupuncture. We walk Tilly daily, and have generally tried to stay out of the heat. My feel are so swollen at this point it's comical. I've also begun waking up to pee. Fortunately, I've been able to nap when I need to, which has helped with fatigue.
Speaking of Tilly, she has been acting strange for the last week at least and we're not sure how to approach it. She isn't that interested in attention, and refuses to hang out with us. She's been acting down right pitiful. We aren't sure if it's because we've made so many changes to the house, or if she can sense the baby's immanent arrival, or what. Poor doggy.
Finally, our glider arrived! It looks absolutely beautiful in the nursery, and is the most comfortable chair more generally. The room finally feels finished and we're really pleased with how it turned out.
We feel ready! Our to-do list is complete and we've anticipated all the things we can, so now it's just about appreciating the time we have together. We have dinner plans for a last date night, and I just have to find something to wear that still fits and is ok to be seen in public. Friday is a full moon and there's an old wives tale about full moon's sending women into labor, so we'll see! (Updated to add: I woke up this Friday morning and I've begun losing my mucus plug! Holy moly. Things. Are. Happening! However, the internet says that labor might not start for weeks yet.)
No comments:
Post a Comment