Wednesday, May 13, 2015

27 Weeks - Third Trimester!




According to our doctor's office, we're officially in the third trimester!  Home stretch here we come.  So far any discomfort has been really manageable and I'm keeping everything crossed that it stays that way.

We're officially birth class graduates!  It was actually a little sad to say goodbye.  I've really enjoyed the time, and the women who participated.  We're considering doing an infant care class or maybe a breastfeeding class this summer.  On the one hand this stuff isn't rocket science, but doing these things with other expectant parents is awful fun.

Nesting continues!  Anna has been hard at work in the garden and yard, and we planted some flowers and herbs.  We've also been finalizing some of the nursery details and I'm anxious to get started on the decorating.  We settled on an "explorer/adventurer" theme, and Pinterest has gotten some heavy usage. We've even made some headway on the administrative details.  The warm and sunny days have been very helpful; everyone just seems more cheerful and motivated, including us.   On the other hand, I am having hot flashes and foresee a summer of sitting inches from the fan.  I'd like to get the painting done before it gets much warmer or I won't be any help at all!



Random facts: I've been craving anything strawberry for about the last three weeks.  The baby continues to move and shake, and the need to pee has kicked in big time.  But!  Energy remains up and I've been calm and pretty stress free.  Strangely this might mark the first time that could ever be said about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment